Thursday, April 5, 2012

Showcase is coming!

In about a month I will be strutting my stuff in cha-cha form to anyone who cares to shell out the dough for a ticket. The showcase itself is going to be great - there are a bunch of really good dancers preforming to all kinds of great songs.

My fear is that...every performance will be great except for mine. What if I loose my balance and stumble? What if I blank completely? What if everything goes right, but the over all dance is lackluster? I'm scared. The embarrassing part is, Michael Paul and I have been going over it at every lesson - if I'm not dancing it with my eyes closed by now - will I ever have it down?

Don't get me wrong, I know the dance. I just can't preform it with finesse and pizazz just yet. My dess should be here by April 25 and I'm hoping it fits and won't need altered. Ugh, I will be nervous enough about the dancing, let alone worrying about an ill-fitting dress showing every girl scout cookie I've eaten lately.

It will cover me up a little more than this:


Speaking of fat rolls and cookies....I've started running! I know, I know...I've "started running" about 20 times now, but I'm up to 3.6 miles at a time! That's personal record! I am also really trying to lift more. Ryan is always on my case about how I don't do enough strength training, and I'm really trying to do it now at least once a week. I am also passing on drug-rep food at work.

Maybe I will feel better in my swim suit in Panama when that rolls around. 2 months away!

No comments:

Post a Comment