Sunday, June 3, 2012

Goodbye Spring

A week or so after the showcase, Ryan was off to the Red with a couple friends.  I always enjoy some alone time when he leaves for the weekend.  I usually just go to bed early, but its just relaxing to kick back a little while he's away.  he had a good time and got some good climbing in.  

Memorial Day was pretty nice this year.  Although it was very hot and very humid, Ryan and I were both off together.  That hardly ever happens.  We took advantage of this and went out for breakfast at a little joint in Clintonville, The Beechwold Diner.  We sat at the counter because there was a wait.  The food was good and it was nice to just hang out and eat and drink coffee.  Breakfast out is one of our favorite things to do. 

We drove around Upper Arlington a bit and eventually made our way home in time to pack a picnic lunch.  We grabbed some books, some food, and our pop-out chairs and went to a shady spot in Antrim Park.  We stayed a couple hours readying and lounging before heading home.  Pretty nice little afternoon!

I am so ready for vacation.  I have been counting down the days.  This is worrisome since its only been 6 months since our last trip.  How am I ever going to make it thru to Ryan's graduation?  I find that having something to look forward to really helps get me through.  For example, this trip.  Then, I am going home for the fouth of July...then my boss is going to London to see the Olympics in August...we get a weekend in Hocking Hills in September, and my step-brother gets married in October.  Thanksgiving is next, of course.  There is a showcase in December, and my boss will be going to India over the holidays,  so basically...its already 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment