Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lucky Numbers

When I was little I chose 7 to be my lucky number.  I thought 7 looked majestic compared to other numbers, regal even.  In hindsight I'm sure I saw a cartoon slot machine or heard something on a Disney sing-a-long that presented 7 as a lucky number to me, but I digress.

Ryan and I have a new lucky number.  It's 428.  And here's why:

April 28, 2007: Boy meets girl.

Ok so we didn't meet that day, but April 28, 2007 was the day our true feelings came out.  And at the risk of sounding trite - we confessed our love to one another!  First date, in essence.  First kiss too!

April 28, 2009: Boy asks girl

On this day we were in Zion National Park with our families.  We hiked to the top of Observation Point, and there in the middle of the breathtaking scenery Ryan asked me to marry him.  What a great day!

April 28, 2013: Boy graduates

Ryan will be hooded as a Doctor of Dental Surgery in 26 days!  Can't wait to celebrate with our families!  Go Ryan!  (this will also mark 6 years as a couple!)

No comments:

Post a Comment