Sunday, August 18, 2013

Be Well Utah

Ryan is on call this weekend, so our Friday night was spent just hanging at home.  It worked out since we were up early for the Be Well Utah 5k for A-fib.  Apparently Dr. Oz was there kicking it off, but I didn't see him.  The run was good, and we ran together.  There were hills and it was pretty warm, but I took advantage of the downhills to make up time.

Afterward, Ryan volunteered at the Dental booth of the health fair while I walked around.  I painted my nails at the sun safety booth (the nail polish changes color in the sun!) I got a freehand massage, blood pressure reading, memory assessment, had my freckles looked at by a dermatologist, free common allergy test (dust mites and grass are not my friends).  I also grabbed a lot of loot, jar openers, magnets, pens, temporary tattoos, pencil cases, stress balls, lip balm, bag clips, aromatherapy spray, and snacks like carrot sticks, almonds and fruit cups.  The reason I went all out is because Ryan put in about 4.5 hours at his booth, which was 2.5 more than expected.  By the end of the day the vendors were looking at me like "what is this chick still doing here?!"

We had lunch at the Red Iguana, a popular Mexican restaurant in Salt Lake.  We both ordered from the "Mexican Marvel" section of the menu and really enjoyed our meals.  

Ryan had to report to the ER from 7-11 as part of his call, so I made a grocery list, watched a move and went to bed.  The movie was "Divorce Invitation" and I give it one star.  

This morning. We had pancakes on the porch, got the grocery shopping done and watch a little gymnastics on tv.  

Not a bad weekend :) 
Sun reactive nail polish and a temporary tattoo 
Ryan at his dental booth talking to kids about their teeth 
Ready for the 5k to start





No comments:

Post a Comment