Monday, September 22, 2014

Catching up

Due to me falling so far behind with the blog, consider this a highlight reel of the last couple months:

We went back to Ocean City twice and loved it.  Once we went down just overnight as we dropped of Ryan's grandma to stay there for early fall.  Even though it was fast it still felt like a relaxing getaway.  We also went the weekend ofter Labor Day just to hang out.  I'd made a casserole the day before so we'd have an easy at home dinner the first night.  My casserole skills are pretty weak.  It still tasted ok, but I think I can only improve. We rode around on our bikes, went out to lunch with Ryan's grandma, and had coffee each morning at Positively 4th Street, our favorite coffee shop.  We also played some putt putt and got Johnson's popcorn for the way home.  We <3 :="" ocnj="" p="">
Labor Day weekend found us on our way to Youngstown to spend two nights at my parents house.  We enjoyed relaxing at home and hearing the noise from the fair (we didn't end up going).  We had a nice family cookout Aunt Noreen's and she gave us one of her paintings to take home.  We also saw Baba, who insisted on taking Ryan and I to Sears on a shopping spree.  It was really generous of her and we each got a few things.  I got some fall PJs that I'm excited to wear and I've already worn the jeans a few times.

Sunday of Labor Day weekend we all headed to Ryan's parents house.  Nicole, Scott and Josh were in town as Nicole was hosting her first 5k run.  It was the GRIDIROn 5k in Chagrin Falls.  My mom, Ryan, and I ran and Greg and the Williams volunteered.  We enjoyed dinner together on Sunday night, I nearly petted their dog Lucy bald, and went to bed to rest for the race in the morning.

It went really well, Ryan and I helped with packet pickup, Nicole and Scott handled same-day registration and all the other tasks.  My mom ran with me and shouted encouragements for 3.1 miles, and afterwards we all went out to lunch.

Also in September we decided to take a fly-fishing lesson.  It was really fun.  Ryan caught a small trout and I caught some leaves.  The best part was wearing the waders and standing in the river.  It was really pretty.  I had my head net on so the bugs couldn't buzz around my face and it made me feel 100% better about being out there.  I love that thing.  There were also really neat wild flowers called "touch-me-not's" that the guide showed us.  They have little buds that burst when you squeeze them.  It was pretty much my favorite part of the day.  I could have stayed in one spot popping buds for 30 minutes, they were so cool.  The guide let us borrow his gear and we ended up going on our own to the Allenberry resort and trying our luck at their river.  It was a beautiful day, and we had a lot of fun even though we didn't catch anything.

Work has been going well for Ryan.  He is enjoying working with the staff and has only had a couple of very challenging cases/patients.  We went out to a soccer game and met Dr. Grater there with his son's soccer team.  It was nice to get out and do something different.

I haven't been working much, except for a health screening.  I'm going in tomorrow to meet with a home health agency, and I go in Monday for flu clinic orientation so it should be picking up quickly.

I have been loving my pottery class and am convinced that I want a pottery studio in our basement someday!

We also celebrated out 4 year anniversary!  We went to a winery for live music and dinner.  We got some gift cards from my parents that we are saving and looking forward to using soon.

fly fishing with the amazing head net

ryan casting

on the beach in OCNJ

Lucy!

Greg volunteering at the 5k

mom and I running

ryan and I at the end of the race


No comments:

Post a Comment