Monday, June 20, 2011

Stage fright


The hours of grinding my Dove deodorant into Michael Paul's black sleeve have finally paid off. I danced the jive in front of people!

Last night started off with a group lesson. Ryan even joined in! I must say, people from all walks of life show up to these sorts of lessons/events. Its neat to see how everyone interacts and comes together...perhaps with absolutely nothing in common aside from being here to dance.

After the lesson music started for social dancing. About a half hour or so after the "foxtrot mixer" and "steamy bolero" it was time for Michael Paul and I to dance. I was chewing my Winterfresh into a pulp and I stood there listening to our introductions. "Please don't screw up," I begged in my head.

Then the music was starting and without a whole lot of warning we started our "rock step." After about 10 seconds I hear Micheal Paul say something to the tune of "We are slightly off beat, lets pause." Pause? Oh sure...I'll pause. Me pausing looks a lot like a woodland creature facing a 4x4 with one headlight. But, watching the video getting back on beat went over without much of a hitch...why did I ever doubt him?

Next thing I know its time to end! He gives me "the signal" and I come in, jump onto his thigh with my tibia, and we spin around, giving an unparalleled view of my nude-colored Spanx.

All joking aside...I had a really good time, there were no major mishaps, and I'm really thankful to have Michael Paul as an instructor. Ryan took some video, I'll see if I can post it.

My Jive - you'll have to settle for the link. Blogger is giving me problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment