Saturday, November 26, 2011

Giving thanks and getting fat


Ok... maybe not that last part.

Lots of food, family, and fun this week. I was lucky enough to be off work on Wednesday and Friday - even getting my Sat/Sun shifts covered so I could spend the holiday with Ryan and family at his parents' house in Gates-Mills.

It was nice to see our nephew Josh, who is way taller and way grown up since we saw him a year ago. We hung around and played with legos, ate chocolate rocks, and warmed our feet by the fire.
Ryan's Sis and Josh at the Thanksgiving table:

On Friday, after hitting up a few places (Performance Bike, Marshalls) We came back, had a bite to eat, and headed to Youngstown for my second-cousin's wedding.

We ate, danced a little, and caught up with my cousin, aunt, and grandparents (mom and Greg, too - speaking of Greg; good luck on your knee surgery on Monday!)

We drove back to Gates-Mills, and here I sit waiting for brunch. So glad to have a break from work and everything in Columbus, I'm sure Ry feels the same about some time off school.

On Sunday Ryan and I will head back to Columbus for about a week or so and then its on to Ecuador! We can't wait. It will be nice to come home just in time for Christmas this year, after missing out on the festivities last year (although we can't complain too much, we were on our honeymoon, after all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment