Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Steve Boyer

On Friday Novemeber 9th at about 5:15pm my Dad took his last breath.  His mother, my grandma, was by his side.  Just 2 hours earlier, so was I.

The nurses and doctors at the Cleveland Clinic SICU were just wonderful.  They really worked so hard to make sure that his family would be able to see him one last time.

So many friends came to say goodbye at his service on Monday.  Old friends from the fire department, recent friends, friends of my grandma, and family too.  We had a nice lunch at Dad's favorite restaurant, Vernon's Cafe in Niles, afterwards.

At 53, his life ended too soon.  My Aunt got me the nicest card. It said something to the effect of  "No matter what role they play in our lives, nothing can quite prepare us for the loss of a father."  That sums it up pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment