Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy 2015!

We had a great holiday season with family.  My mom hosted Christmas Eve, which is always a warm and cozy evening with family, Ryan's parents were able to celebrate with us again this year.  We stayed until Sunday, enjoying a Christmas Day dinner with at my Aunt's house, and visiting a couple times with Baba and my grandparents.

We got some really nice gifts from my parents.  My mom got me a pretty sterling silver necklace that symbolizes motherhood along with some maternity clothes I'll be needing very soon (I already wore the purple sweater twice!).  Ryan was all stocked up with gift cards, some new shirts, and a Turtle Fur scarf that he'll use for hiking, biking and running.  My parents also gave us a fireplace set with a poker, broom and pan for our fireplace.  It looks nice by the fire, and we used it on New Years when we lit our first wood fire.

Ryan's parents are coming out to Harrisburg in a couple weeks to have a family Christmas with the grandparents, and Ryan's side of the family.

I had an amniocentesis done just before Christmas after a questionable round of blood work.  I'm happy to report that the results have all been good news.  We also found out that we are having a baby girl!  Somehow finding out the sex of the baby has made the whole thing a little more "real."  We've started a registry, started thinking about things we need, and mentally preparing for parenthood.  Aside from some pain a few weeks ago from a benign uterine fibroid, the pregnancy has been pretty smooth sailing.  Hoping the smooth sailing continues!

On New Years Eve we foolishly tried to eat at two restaurants without a reservation.  The third place we tried was closed, but at our fourth pick we were the only ones there!  We went to Pho Kim's and had a great Vietnamese dinner.  We ordered two items that were new to us and really enjoyed them.

We are getting back into the swing of things with a regular work week this week, and the last of the holiday cookies eaten.  This month we'll be working on getting LG to replace our squeaky dryer, I'll be working my first weekend at my job, we will have another ultrasound and ob appointment.  Happy 2015 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment