Sunday, January 25, 2015

January in Harrisburg

Hello again!

We've had a busy couple weeks around here.  Ryan's parents visited and we were able to celebrate christmas with them, the Nanna's, and rya's aunt, uncle and cousins over at Nancy's cousin's house.  It was a fun day with gifts exchanged, and a delicious dinner of roast beef in Beth's beautiful home.

Ryan's dad was kind enough to sand our walls in the front room while we were at work, getting ready for painting next month.  It's going to look so much better in there.  We enjoyed a dinner at the Mt. Hill Tavern with his parents, and got to see the original walls and flooring of the restaurant, built in the 1700's.  I wore the maternity clothing that my mom gave me on Christmas - I've been wearing it a lot more often the past couple weeks!

We've been getting a few things ready for the baby.  We moved a bookshelf to her (yes, her!) room after getting a love seat for the living room.  We also moved the recliner up there.  We got a car seat and stroller, a pack-n-play, and some other items as gifts.  It's exciting to see the fun books and cute blankets and things that people have given us.  Baba, too, has been enjoying shopping for the little one.

The sewing mating that Ryan's mom got for me is finally getting some use.  I took a sewing lesson about 2 weeks ago and have made a bib, burp cloth, pillow, and two stuffed animals.

I've been feeling her move quite a bit which is a really cool feeling.  Ryan even felt it once when I put his hand over the area.  We had an ultrasound on Wednesday to check her progress because of this large uterine fibroid of mine.  It was the first u/s Ryan was able to come to, as the others were short notice.  It was fun to see her face on the 3D portion.  Her measurements all look good and we go back in about 6 weeks.

We are also getting ready to go to Florida in few weeks.  Ryan's boss has a house there and has offered it to us for a vacation.  We will be in Sarasota for about 5 days, and I can't wait!  I love Florida.

The house is still coming along.  After getting the love seat for the living room, we got a new TV stand that Ryan is going to put together this weekend.  It should look a little nice next to the fireplace.

This is my first weekend "on" at work.  I'll be working one weekend a month now that I am off of orientation.  I had to admissions yesterday and I have two more today, not too bad of a weekend schedule.  We went out for Greek last night at our (so far) favorite restaurant "Hellenic Kouzina," and had salads.  I had a gyro and Ryan has grilled chicken and rice.  It was really good!

A few pics of the babes room so far:
Stuffed animals and a pillow I sewed

The books heft, never mind all the stuff on it

These will hang above the crib

No comments:

Post a Comment