Friday, July 23, 2010

Farmers' markets and summer fun

My, my, my what a busy 10 days it has been. Ryan and I have been using our new coffee pot everyday. We also dehydrated some bananas, kiwi, and blueberries in our dehydrator. The bananas and kiwi came out pretty good, but we over did the blueberries a little. Better luck next time.

I started my "Preceptorship" through school. I am following a nurse in a Hospice company while she goes out on her visits, meetings, etc. So far all of the nurses and patients have been very pleasant. I have a feeling though, that by the end of the quarter I might see a person who is actively dying. I've really never had that experience before.

I've been working quite a bit, and this week I started my little volunteer project at work. Every Thursday I am going to go into Trillium for an hour or so to paint nails. Yesterday I did about 7 residents and 5 of them picked the same color! It was fun, and I think it brightened their day. I also think I need to get more mauve polish.

My birthday was yesterday also. Ryan was kinda bummed that I picked up a shift at work last night and we couldn't hang out, but we were able to get some Chipotle for dinner and enjoy that together.

I received so many birthday cards and messages - It all made me so happy.

When I walked into work last night at 7, my friend and co-worker Miranda had our little office break room decorated for my birthday with some beautiful desserts. I was so touched that she set that up for me. I was tired, coming in to work after already working that morning, and kinda down about not spending the evening with Ryan, so when I walked in and saw what Miranda did I just felt so loved and so happy! It was a really great surprise. Miranda is really a great nurse and person.




Well I've been pretty bogged down with work, hospice, and school this week, so hopefully next week will be a little smoother. Til next time!

Oh...one more thing! Our honeymoon tickets are booked! We will be flying into Hanoi on 12/10, and coming back on 12/31!

No comments:

Post a Comment