Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Once upon a shower...

Where do I begin?

On Friday Ryan, myself, and my friend and bridesmaid Stef drove up to Youngstown for the shower. Friday night Stef, my cousin Kaleigh (another bridesmaid) and I went to the salon that will be doing my hair and makeup for a trial run. Everything came out PERFECT! Stef took a lot of pictures, but I can't post them because I don't want Ryan to have any idea what I will look like on the wedding day. I absolutely loved both my hair and my makeup.

Saturday was my bridal shower. I've been looking forward to it all summer. It was a great afternoon. We celebrated with my mom, grandparents, my future mother-in-law, my bridesmaids, and some family members that I don't see nearly enough.

My mom did a wonderful job getting everything set up with help from my grandparents and aunts. My cousins helped with set up and helped with the favors. During the shower we had a "Chinese auction," and gave out beautiful gift baskets my mom put together, as well as a hand painted apron, an art print, and a handmade bracelet.

We ate some great food and I opened so many wonderful gifts. Ryan came at the (very) end of the shower and met some of the guests and helped tear down/load gifts/eat dessert.

The Moms :)
Welcoming guests:
New coffee pot:
New dehydrator:
Stef, my mom, and I ran over to the seamstress' house so she could start fitting my dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment