Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hot in...

So hot in herre (anyone picking up the Nelly reference?). Well, we're in the middle of a heat wave here in Columbus, it has been in the mid 90s the past couple days. To get some color without any damage, I've taken to running out to the pool, laying for 10 minutes on my stomach, 10 minutes on my back, and then running back inside. So far it seems to be working. I haven't burned at all, but I also don't feel much more tan.

Ryan spent most of last weekend at the Red River Gorge (again!) with his Dad and Brother-in-law. They stayed at the hostel that Ryan and I originally stayed at last year. From what Ryan tells me they all had a great time.

Unfortunately, the camera was left in his Dad's bag which is now in Cleveland, so I wont have it back til Saturday to post any pictures.

Right now I am drinking my coffee from a "First Watch" mug. Ryan's Mom sent along a little gift for us with his dad. Inside we found a First Watch gift card, a mug, some red pepper garlic sauce, and a really neat bracelet. Thanks Nancy and Terry!

While Ryan was gone I mostly worked and went to the gym a couple times. I also started a "Soul Journal." I've found it pretty therapeutic so far, and if I do say so myself, its looking pretty cool.

Saturday night, when Ryan got back, we went over to my best friend Angela's condo for a cookout and fireworks. It was a lot of fun, she and her boyfriend made Schmidt's sausage and chicken, and her boyfriend made Bald Eagle cookies out of Oreo's, marshmallows, and coconut flakes. They were complete with cashew beaks!

On Monday Ryan and I did some geocaching in the area. We only ended up finding one of 3, but it was a fun one, involving the cement corn statues in Dublin. We then went to the mall to see if any sales were still going on from the 4th. Ryan found a couple polo shirts. We also went up to Polaris, where I found a bachelorette party outfit. We finished the day with Noodle's and Co. for dinner and Rita's Blendinis for dessert!

Yesterday I went to school to get my schedule for this quarter only to find that no, the schedules aren't ready yet. Of course they aren't.

Last night I started making a necklace for my new outfit, and it's about done. I like it! I'll add a pic when I get the camera back.

My Bridal Shower is Saturday and I am so excited!!! I'm looking forward to a great lunch with family and friends, some fun games, good pictures, and good food. Word on the street is that there will be a chocolate fountain!

EDIT: Here are the pictures from the Red!









No comments:

Post a Comment