Thursday, May 26, 2011

Keeping the ball rolling...

Well, I still haven't learned Paso Doble, but Michael Paul did go over several others with me. I am learning the foxtrot (which for the longest time I though was the jive...turns out it's a slower dance) and waltz. Sometimes it feels like I am trying to learn too many dances at one time, but I know there is a method to teaching these things.

Foxtrot freezeframe:

I am starting to enjoy the Samba a lot more. The first time we went over it I though it was tricky, and I thought I'd struggle with it. This morning though, I actually really liked it! Michale Paul said I'm moving quickly though the Bronze level so far, so that made me feel a little more confident. It's hard for me to tell if I'm learning fast, because I'm learning at my own pace. Who else's pace have I to compare? My pace could be that of a snail or Michael Phelps. So yes, it was good to hear that I'm moving along.

Sometimes it's so frustrating when I feel like I can't get a simple step. Even more frustrating is when I DO get a step down, but then at the next lesson, somehow I've backslid and can't do it anymore. Oh well, I'm sure this is all part of the process.

When I'm not trying to take up new hobbies, I'm working. Things have been going well at the surgery center. I am still manning the front desk until the regular gal comes back from maternity leave. It was an ok gig for a while, but I'm worried that I'm forgetting nursing stuff while I stand at the copier cursing it for another paper jam.


In other news, Ryan had a great time climbing and camping with his buds in the Red River Gorge this past weekend. He took some good photos with our new camera. He's also trying to raise some dough for his Pelotonia ride this summer.

We are going to a BBQ tonight for one of his friends' birthdays, I am off to sit in my closet with old business casual attire, fleece sweat suits, too-summery tank-tops, and try to find something to wear. Have a good day everyone!

P.S. Thanks for the prayers for Dad...he's out of the hospital and back in the skilled nursing facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment