Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

Ryan and I got up early to head to Sunny Street Cafe (formerly rise and dine) for breakfast. It's been a while since we had breakfast out. We both got omlettes. After eating we headed to Antrim Park to catch the Olentangy Trail for a bike ride. We rode for about an hour before coming home.I had a dance lesson with Michael Paul at noon. We reviewed just a bit of rhumba, jive, and cha-cha, but mostly worked on technique. I really need to practice some of the foot work he taught me. I want to be able to dance well and correct.

Practicing made me realize how unbalanced I feel. I'll be sanding there trying to take a pretty simple step. My ankles shake, toes try in vain to grip the floor, next thing I know I'm wind-milling my arms like Goofy.

Current me:
Future me:

We did some grocery shopping and now I am sitting here with my ballroom shoes on, trying to tear myself away from YouTubes of the dances. I have an Ecuador trip to plan! We plan on getting the tickets this week hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment