Saturday, May 4, 2013

Buenos Dias Santiago!

We have arrived here in Santiago, Chile! Unfortunately I didn't sleep well on the plane despite Benadryl and melatonin. The guy next to me offered "sublingual ambien", but my conscience told me not to take pills from strangers.

Ever feel like you are getting dumber with experience? We regret that we didn't pick window seats when given the choice, and that we screwed up immigration by having only one customs form (I thought it was one per family). Ryan had to get all the way back in line, hence me sitting here blogging.

Oh well. We are happy to be here and will soon be looking for a radio taxi to take us to our hostel (after changing some money). I'll update again soon!

Update... We are in the hostel lobby waiting for our room to be ready. Ryan is looking up restaurants, and I'm watching CNN Chile. Looking forward to a walking tour at 3pm : Santiago Highlights.

Update again: We grabbed lunch at a Peruvian restaurant and decided we were too wiped out for the walking tour. We'll get a tour tomorrow at 10:30.

Instead we got ice cream and roamed around Bellavista area and Parque Forestal. Pretty!

Ryan checking e-mail at our hostel


CNN CHILE


Flyer for our walking tour

Kids play in Parque Forestal

Getting sleepy but still smiling

Intersting floor in a small market

No comments:

Post a Comment