Friday, May 17, 2013

San Pedro de Atacama

This morning we had a pretty good breakfast at the hostel before renting bikes for the day. 

Now it's time for a little honesty. I'm not a bike rider. I've never really been comfortable on a bike. Sure ill go on a flat bike trail in a park and have a mildly fun time. But my butt was still sore from the wine tour bike, and at the wine tour bike my butt was still sore from Pucón. My back gets tired, I'm always banging my shins and hips on the pedals and handle bars, and people always seem to be breezing past me, no matter what gear I am in or how hard I pedal. Don't engage me if I am attempting to go uphill, because you may get barked at. 

But I digress. We began the long slow uphill climb to see some beautiful rock formation and landscapes. The pictures don't do it justice. 

It started raining soon after we got back to town. We turned in our bikes early because the whole town turned in to a muddy mess. We grabbed lunch, bought bus tickets for next week, checked in for our salt flat tour, and each bought an alpaca scarf for the cold salt flats. 

We cooked dinner in the hostel; our usual quinoa and lentils with veggies, and watches some of a Jim Carey movie on the tv in the kitchen. 

Ready for bed soon :) no firm plans for tomorrow, weather is too bad for morning tours. Go figure - rainy day in the desert!
Ryan enjoying the landscape
Muddy San Pedro
Ryan's new hat



No comments:

Post a Comment