Friday, February 19, 2010

Week in review

It's Friday! This week want pretty smoothly. With lots of help from my mom, the invitations arrived, napkins, and an engagement portrait was ordered. Speaking of wedding items, I was looking through dresses on the Alfred Angelo site (shame on me, I already have one!) and I found a dress that I really liked. Dress envy! I've heard of the dreaded "dress envy" on many a forum, but always thought it would never happen to me. I showed it to Mom and she said she like's mine much better...and I'm pretty sure I do also. I think the one I have is more "me."

At the psychiatric hospital on Monday I was assigned to the Adult unit again. A patient still there from the week before remembered me. He is going through a manic-phase of psychosis. The week before he gave me the nickname "Casper." He said it's because I'm friendly, but I think its because I'm pale. It's interesting that his general speech and language can be so coherent, yet the subjects and content of what he is saying can be so off-the-wall.

Thursday was my first day of OB clinical. I was really hoping to see a vaginal delivery, but I all got to see was a circumcision.

No comments:

Post a Comment