Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Autism

This week, instead of going to Children's Hospital, I had the opportunity to go off site to their Autism Clinic. I met a nurse there who has a 6 year old with autism. She gave me some information about a short program to become eligible to provide aide as part of behavioral intervention for her daughter at home as a second small job, maybe one day a week. The funding that she recieves would pay for the program.

I have the brocure to look over, as well as her e-mail address and phone number. It's something to look into, but I really have to see if it is right for me.

The Autism Clinic is very interesting. Children come in and are evaluated by a speech therapist, a psychologist, and a medical doctor. 2 children I observed today are on their way to an ADHD diagnosis. I saw one child who had already been diagnosed with autism.

No comments:

Post a Comment