Friday, February 26, 2010

In like a lion...

I can't believe February is almost over. March 11 is the 6 month mark in the wedding countdown. We still need a cake, I need to finish the match boxes, Ryan and I need to register, and many other details need to be addressed.

This week Ryan and I attempted to apply for new passports. The photos were taken, applications filled out, and we were on our way to the post office. No where on the application did it tell the applicant how much the fee for a new passport is. It only said to include the fee. Ryan and I made out the checks to the Department of Sate, dated and signed them, then asked the postal worker how much the fee is. He told us it's 75 dollars. Fine. We bought some stamps, bought some envelopes, and moved over to the lobby area to get it all together. I triple checked to make sure all our materials were together, and the applications, passports, and checks were separated correctly by name. I realized I left my pen at the desk, went and got it. Then Ryan noticed the envelopes would be pretty heavy. I went back and bought 2 17 cent stamps. We addressed the envelopes, wrote the return addresses, and then dropped them in the mail slot.

Done. Did you notice anything I left out? Neither did we, until about 9:30pm. Ryan was on the phone with his mom and mentioned we mailed out our applications and they were 75 dollars each. "Oh no!!!!" I gasped and them mouthed to Ryan that we forgot to fill out the checks!

So here we are. 2 blank checks are on their merry way to the Department of State with our passports, and all the personal information an identity theif could want. I called the passport office and "Mark" said they will probably just be mailed back. Lets hope so.



Also this week I took a little time to make earings out of sea glass my mom and I found up in Ashtabula about 10 years ago! Here is my first attempt at using jewelry wire:

No comments:

Post a Comment