Monday, April 19, 2010

Artiscape, Jen's visit, and Moonwalking


My cousin and maid-of-honor, Jen, visited this weekend from Youngstown. We were able to go to 2 bead stores, Byzantium and One-Stop Bead Shop (she likes making bracelets, and sells them to friends and co-workers.) Between the bead stores we had lunch at a place called Mac's Cafe, a Scottish place in the Short North. I had the veggie club, which was pretty good, and Jen had a sandwich with tater-tots as a side! I miss tater-tots, I haven't had them in years!

We also stopped at the Holiday Inn on town street to check out Artiscape, an art convention with a focus on altered art, mail art, stamping, clay, and the like. The weekend of Artiscape was filled with workshops and demos, but Jen and I just stopped in to see the vendor tables. The "marketplace" was kinda small, but there was a table of beads there from none other than the bead store we just came from! In fact, the owner who was manning the booth mentioned to me that she is currently hiring. I'd be lying if I said I didn't consider it for a minute. I wouldn't mind a bead store job on the side! However, I'm afraid I don't know enough about the many kinds of beading to help all the customers.

The highlight for me was meeting an artist who was regularly featured on the Carol Duvall Show. Her name is Barbara and she is a whiz at ploymer clay. She made me want to take up the craft.We stopped at DSW/Filene's Basement and I briefly looked at dresses for the bridal shower but came up empty.

After shopping we got ready for dinner with Ryan. On the way to dinner we stopped at Buckeye Corner so Jen could get a couple T-shirts, then we were off to Chili Verde, Ryan's favorite Mexican place. It was pretty good although they wouldn't take our coupon because it's apparently only valid M-Th. Boo!After dinner Jen and I rented "This is it," and got to watch Michael Jackson practice for his tour for 2 hours. It wasn't as good a movie as I expected, but it was still pretty interesting.In other news, I still haven't hot-glued my wedding hair things together - I'm too chicken! I need to be in the zone so I could make sure they are perfect. I don't want hot-glue everywhere and the flowers all crooked.

I haven't done much in the way of ATC's lately, but I plan on working on some today before Latin Fusion at 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment