Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mom and Greg "Trot" to Columbus

What a great weekend!

On Friday evening Ryan and I had the opportunity to hear Sonny Trotter, a world-famous rock climber, speak at Independence Hall on OSU's campus. He showed a lot of photos and video from his last climbing trip to El Gigante in Mexico. It was a really neat presentation and free cookies and popcorn were involved.
On Saturday morning after work my dearest Mommy and Greggie came for a visit. They dropped off the dog at the kennel and drove on down. We went to Banana Bean. a Floridian Patina, for lunch. It was good food, Greg and I had Cuban Prok sandwiches and my mom had a salmon salad (what a shock!).

After lunch we headed to their hotel so they could check in. We hung out in the hotel for a bit until it was time for Mom and I to go to our salsa lesson, given by El Hiperactivo himself, Carlos Rubio.

I was so happy that my mom was finally able to salsa with me. I had been telling her about it for over a year, and could never do more than show her the basic step. She did great at the lesson, and caught on right away. Here are some pictures:
After salsa we met Ryan and Greg at Banana Leaf, Ryan and I's favorite Indian Restaurant. We all got the Grand Buffet, and they were especially accommodating to my Mom's gluten-free diet. The food was great. Greg said it was a bit too spicy for his taste, but he still enjoyed it. We all had lassi and Ryan and Mom had Chai tea to end the meal.
I went to work this morning, and afterward we headed to Greek Corner for some hummos, chicken-lemon soup, and a gyro platter for Greg. Poor Ryan had to stay behind with a stomach ache. Being the supportive future-wife that I am, I convinced him that it was a "Triple A," or abdominal aortic aneurysm. Then my mom pointed out that everyone has a visible/palpable pulse in their abdomen. Crisis/ER trip avoided! His stomach is fine now.

Greg dropped my mom and I off at Polaris so we could look for a bridal shower dress and...drum roll please... we found one! I really like it and I'm glad that all I have left is to come up with an outfit for the post-wedding brunch. (My friend is letting me borrow a dress for the rehearsal!)

I'm glad that they made it home safe after a nice visit. See you next time!

Oh - and my mom was the first overall finisher in a race this morning, she won a $300 SCUBA cert class! Way to go, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment