Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My troubles seemed so far away...

Yesterday. Not that I'm having any particular trouble today other than going to clinical in a few minutes.

Yesterday I was able to construct my hair thing for the wedding. All that is left to do is hot-glue it to the comb. I found some flowers on major sale at JoAnn's and filled the centers will faux pearl beads, and that's it! Now they just need attached. I'm making 2 just to be safe.
I also made a Robin Hood card for an ATC trade.
Yesterday evening I went to Latin Fusion at Lifetime. It was taught by a new instructor who I know from seeing at Martini Park a couple of times. She did a great job, and I'm happy that I have a dance option on Tuesdays now.
After LF I came home, showered, and headed out to Martini Park at Easton. I was there before the other LTers were, so I got a water at the bar and was sipping it while I watched the dance floor. A guy approached me and asked me if I'd like to learn to salsa. I didn't feel like telling him I already knew how, so I played dumb and said maybe later. He was like "After a few more of those, right?" pointing to my water. I was like...yeah, ha ha. He thought it was alcohol!
When everyone else arrived we started dancing. A ballroom dance instructor who had been working with a few of the girls danced a salsa with me, and it went really well. I left the dance floor feeling like a salsa pro, to the point where I insisted later on dancing a mergengue with him. Long story short - I should have ended on a high note with the salsa. The merengue was just not happening, and I felt like a total newbie dancing it with him. He kept trying to tell me about certain steps and directions he wanted me to do, but it was so loud in there that I couldn't hear a word he was saying, so I just said "oh, ok" every time and kept doing what I was doing! Ha! He probably thought I really stunk. Oh well. When Ryan and I are done taking lessons with Carlos I'd like to try some ballroom lessons with this instructor.

Niki and I watching the dancers:


I met a guy from Mexico that was telling me where I could get the most authentic Mexican food (somewhere near the Westland Mall apparently, I will def be checking that out). We were dancing a salsa a little earlier when we got too close to another couple (happens all the time). The heel of her shoe hooked into the inside of mine and I almost face planted on the dance floor. Luckily I kept my balance, but when I looked down my shoe was missing! The girl bent her leg and I saw my shoe dangling from hers! She handed it back to me and I slipped it back on as gracefully as possible and finished the dance. It was pretty funny. On the up side he kept leading me into the same 3 salsa moves over and over during the song. It was good because it made me look like a good dancer since I knew what was coming, and bad because it was a little too repetitive.

My buddy Todd is always at every salsa event and I love dancing with him because he's great at leading and really knows what he's doing. We danced 2 salsas and a merengue and for some reason we were just not connecting last night. It was disappointing because I usually feel so good dancing with him. I think it might have been because I hadn't been out dancing in so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment