Sunday, May 16, 2010

Getting a Handel on Things

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my great pleasure to announce the re-opening of Handel's Ice Cream in Powell, Ohio! Its only a 10-minute drive from our apartment, and Ryan and I have been waiting for it to open all winter. It's under new management. A guy from Youngstown is running it. Ryan and I split a 4-flavor sampler consisting of: Grape, Mint Choc-chip, Coconut Almond Fudge, and Peanut Butter Brownie. It was wonderful. I grew up on Handel's, my mom used to take my cousin and I there. We'd sit on milk crates on the side of the building. Sometimes we'd bring my dog and they would give him a baby cone.

I wish I had time to blog more than once a week, I feel as though I forget things that happened in the middle of the week. We did have some pretty tasty dinners this past week. Ryan and I made breaded cod and smashed pea paninis. Tonight we had a tangy three-bean soup that was so good we could have drunk the broth straight. We also had a Lebanese Stew. I obtained the recipe for the stew on a trade at ATCsforall.com.

Last night a friend of ours from college got married. We weren't able to make the ceremony, but the reception at the Blackwell was very nice. We dined on eggplant lasagna and listened to some great speeches for the newlyweds. Because we both had to work early, we weren't able to stay long, but still had a great time and met some cool people at our table. Alex looked beautiful and Shane was beaming. Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Cooper!



Work this weekend was long. I was there pretty much double the amount of time I usually am. It was pretty busy and kinda crazy all weekend, but I survived it. I still don;t feel comfortable with admissions, however.

I switched with someone so I will be able to go to my cousin's high school graduation. I'm excited, Ryan is coming to. I could use some home time.

No comments:

Post a Comment