Tuesday, May 25, 2010

You'd think I'm a Libra...

...With how much I'm on the scale. The company I work for is doing a Biggest Loser type program where teams of 5 associates see who can loose the most weight. So far I've dropped a pound or 2 at each bi-weekly weigh-in (there have only been 3). However, I attribute that to natural fluctuations in my weight and whether or not I had coffee that morning. I need to go weigh in today, but I just hopped on my home scale, which happens to be the same brand work uses, and I'm a pound heavier than I was 2 weeks ago! This annoys me, because I really don't want my weight to go up, and lose what I've accumulated in the game thus far.

It's been in the 80's this week, and Ryan and I live on the third floor of our building. He asked me yesterday if I wanted to turn the a/c on, and if I was uncomfortable in the hot apartment. I responded that I used to live with Ang (my best friend), and she pretty much never turned the air on, so I was used to it. The funny thing about Ang and I is that she never wanted to use the air in the summer, and I never wanted to use the heat in the winter.

I started working 7-3 on the weekends all alone. This is what I was afraid of. It's been going ok so far. I am pretty stressed out in the mornings from about 7-10 because 8am is a huge med pass, but the day winds down in comparison after that.

Since Thailand has been having some political unrest, Ryan and I have decided that Vietnam would be a better honeymoon option. That reminds me, I want to go to Barnes and Noble later today and look at some travel books. I already connected with an American living in Hanoi via couchsurfing.com. He is willing to spend the afternoon with Ry and I when we get there, and show us around a bit.

I tried out a new ATC technique this weekend. It's called "Blind Drawing." I close my eyes and do my best to draw a face. Then, (eyes opened) I color it in and finish the background. I really like it; the cartoon-y product ends up better than if I would have tried the whole thing while looking. I should have taken pics before i colored them in, but here are a few:
I also signed up to be one of 365 artists contributing to an Artist Diary. We each design a page (I'm July 22!) The books will be sold as diaries with our faded designs on the pages for people to journal over. My design is due July 1 and I'm wracking my brain trying to com up with something! Suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment