Friday, September 24, 2010

A cook out - wedding stlye

On Monday, Ryan and I woke up, had some breakfast and coffee, then headed to the mall to return Ryan's tux shoes. I had gotten a call that morning that it was time for a dentist appointment. After the mall we went over to my dentist's office. The dentist I see also happens to be the father of one of Ryan's classmates, so they were able to talk dentistry while I got my cleaning. The hygienist showed him some of the hi-tech equipment they use.

After the dentist we decided to take Winston for a walk. We walked all the way to my Grandparents house. My Grandma the dog some water while we chatted about the wedding a bit before heading back home.

The caterer arrived and began setting up, and soon Ryan's parents arrived, then my Grandparents, then Baba and my Dad, and before I knew it the rest of the family was there.

My dad cued up some dinner music on his laptop and speakers. Greg threw a few logs onto our little fire pit, and after we ate the ribs, chicken and corn, we mixed in some roasted marshmallows with our desserts from the caterer.

By request, Ryan and I re-enacted our first dance in the grass. The cook out went fast, and I was sad that the wedding festivities were officially over.

Ryan's parents hung around a bit longer than the others and we watched the wedding DVD that Baba's friend made for us. The quality is iffy, but its really great considering this was a free favor from a friend with a camera, and it caught the important highlights.

Thw wedding weekend was wonderful, and Ryan and I enjoyed every minute. Our family and friends were so helpful with everything. We wouldn't have had nearly the beauty or fun without the many hours of time, effort, and the money spent by our dear parents. We will be forever grateful to everyone who showed their support for our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment