Monday, September 20, 2010

The king gets his crown

Our limo driver, Ray, dopped us off at Fellows Riverside Gardens in the beautiful Mill Creek Park. We took a few shots on the grassy area, and then some on the overlook.
The ledge over looks Youngstown, YSU stadium can be seen at the point of my shoe in the second picture. By the way, these are pictures my new sister-in-law Nicole took - isn't she great?

We took lots more shots around the gardens, including an O-H-I-O shot with the OSU alumni in the group. When we were finished there we got back in the limo and headed over to Federal Street to take some edgy urban shots.

Jim and his assistant were great and I think they got some terrific shots, I can't wait to see them! He listened to all of our suggestions and we got some neat shots in front of peeling paint and steel barriers in the city.

While Ryan and I were taking a couples shot, our bridal party ran into another group of a groom and his groomsmen. They took a few silly shots, and I even got one with "two grooms" hehe!

After the city shots, we headed over to Ryan's all-time-favorite fast food restaurant, Chic-Fil-A. Ryan had been asking to have nuggets at the wedding since day one, so we had to stop there on the way to the ceremony. Jim took some pics of us feeding each other a nugget and sipping from big soft-drink cups.

While Jim and his assistant headed over to the church to set up, we all finished our food, and chilled for a bit. Josh even got an ice cream cone.

We headed over to the church and the girls and I scurried into the dressing room and hid from the guests. We primped a bit, took some pictures, and generally just chatted and hung out til it was time to head upstairs. We could hear the quartet playing and soon they switched to Cannon in D.I tried not to get my heels caught in the brick as I made my way to the front doors. I couldn't believe it was show time! I saw Billy and Charlie unroll the big white thing and everyone started to line up. The mothers were seated, and pair by pair, the attendants walked down the aisle, followed by Josh with the ring pillow.

I stepped up to the doorway and Greg took my left arm while my Dad took my right. we waited several seconds for the music to change, and began our walk down the aisle. I saw lots of friends and family as I walked, and I saw Ryan standing next to Jim (the minister, not the photographer) . We got to the end, and Jim began a little welcome speech before asking "Who gives this woman?" My Dad and Greg said "We do," I kissed each on the cheek, and then my Dad fell.

I wasn't going to include this part in the blog, but it was part of the wedding day and I'm not upset or embarrassed about it. My dad had knee surgery recently and has some trouble getting around and standing for long periods. As he was turning to go back to his seat, he fell. Ryan's dad, a few groomsmen and my step-brother helped him get over to the pews. Then the ceremony proceeded without a hitch.

Ryan and I listened to my step-siblings readings, listened to a lovely song sung by the minister's daughter. We lit the unity candle and presented a rose to each of our mothers.

A great moment in the ceremony was when Jim asked what token we chose to symbolize our love. We said "Rings." Kyle handed the rings over out of his pocket. Josh, hearing the word "rings" marched right up to the altar with his pillow. We had sewn fake rings to the pillow. After realizing that Josh wasn't budging until someone relieved him of his duties, I took the pillow, thanked him and set it down on a bench. It was too cute!

We continued with the vows and rings, and before we knew it, it was time for the kiss! We puckered up to applause from the crowd and more clicking of the camera.

After a few more words from Jim, we marched out as man and wife...then ran around the back of the church, through the bushes to a side entrance. We exited again after everyone had a chance to get their bubble tubes ready.

We finished our time at the church with family photos at the altar.
To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations....and what a wonderful blog....I so enjoyed reading it and can tell there is much love in your heart and family. Also, it's great to know you still find time to make ATC's.
    Blessings, ArteDar

    ReplyDelete