Tuesday, January 26, 2010

AA

I just got home from the AA meeting that I had to attend as part of a clinical assignment. It was really enlightening. I told the chairperson that I think anyone can take something away from a meeting like that, regardless of their walk of life. Most of the people in attendance were white middle-aged men, I'd say about 20% of the participants were women.

There was a gentleman there who shared that he was seeing his son today for the first time in 4 years, and he was nervous about it. I hope it goes well for him.

The meeting gave me some food for thought. It seems that most of our problems we create ourselves. Issues with other people can often come back to something inside. Earlier this year I said that my New Years resolution was to become the nicest person I know. I need to keep working at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment