Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pride and Prejudice. And Hockey.

For the past week or so I have been reading Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I downloaded onto my Kindle App for the iPod Touch. The Kindle App is my favorite, I am reading again thanks to its portability and convenience.

I'm enjoying the book, which surprises me. Traditionally when it comes to taste in reading and movies I shy away from anything British, and anything before 1920. I'm having trouble keeping some of the characters straight, as well as some of the places, but so far I can tell why it's a classic.In other news...I'm fighting a head cold that began yesterday. Ryan and I agree that we can tell if we are sick by one sneeze. A "sick sneeze" versus a regular sneeze. Sure enough I've been popping cough drops all day and the skin on my nose is reminiscent of one of those old rough gravestones that are nearly dissolved where they stand.

My small ailments lead me to the much larger ones at Nationwide Children's Hospital. Today in clinical my patient was a 16-year-old boy that had been in the hospital for nearly a month. I noticed from pictures on his walls that he played hockey. My step-brother, TJ, is pitching a pilot right now for a new show called "Hockey Towns" in which he is the host. Thanks to my iPod Touch and the wireless at Children's I was able to show him the show's trailer on YouTube. He enjoyed it, and that made me happy.

Here is the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o8zbtGXIKk

No comments:

Post a Comment